We saw the movie “Life is beautiful” and I will give you my opinion on this movie. Our original question was: Do you think Guido was right to hide the horrors of the concentration camp to his son?
I think it was good because he do not loose parts of his life and when we are a kid, we want to play and we want to have liberty (not to stay at a place without playing or doing nothing). In addition, when Joshua entered in the concentration camp, I think it was difficult for Joshua to be separate of his mom, so his father decided to play the game not to bother him of the problems of the World War II. With this game, Joshua was happy and did not know that the World War II was not a joke and that it was serious. Every day, he asks to his father how many points they had. This allows Joshua to talk of an other thing than World War II. In addition, I think that Joshua was too young to understand all the problems of World War II, so the game was a good method to let Joshua away from it. In addition, his father was good to hide the horrors because Joshua was not afraid of the cruelty of the Nazis. As we saw at the last minutes of the movie, Joshua said to his mom: “Mom we won the game, we collect 1 000 points”. When we saw his face, Joshua was so happy and his goal was to do efforts to arrive at 1 000 points.
Finally, I think that it was a good thing that Guido "creates" a game for his son.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire